The System 30M v2 is our leading enclosed, benchtop model.
Technical specifications and accessory compatibility for printers currently shipping are detailed in the comparison chart on the Printer Overview page.
All improvements introduced were implemented to the existing line, obsoleting previous versions (with no price increases):
- The System was introduced during our 2012 Kickstarter campaign, and came with a 23" tall enclosure.
- The System 30 was an improvement made while fulfilling our Kickstarter obligations, and came with a larger (30" tall) enclosure.
- The System 30M was introduced in 2013, and came with a change to all metric fasteners and custom extrusions, and a single (vs double) front door.
- The System 30M v2 v2 began shipping in January 2021, equipped with better motors with closed-loop feedback and quieter operation.
- As of June 2021, all units are CE marked.
Here is an explanation of the internal electronics of the 30M; click any images for larger versions:
Tablet Interface Board
Tablet Interface Board (with STM407 Motion Controller) has Internal and External Ports.
The current board, circa 2021.
The Spine Board has Axis Control Internal and External Ports.
The new board, circa 2021.
The original board, most recent revision.