The Hydra 16A was our first large format machine, and came in two flavors:
- 16AS, Standard Height (250 mm build height)
- 16AT, Tall Height (500 mm build height)
Technical specifications and accessory compatibility for printers currently shipping are detailed in the comparison chart on the Printer Overview page.
Here is an explanation of the internal electronics of the Hydra 16A; click any images for larger versions:
The Main Panel has the Power Supplies, Controllers, Encoders, and Relays.
The Front Panel has the Tablet Interface Board (with STM429 Motion Controller) and External Ports.
- The Hydra 16A was introduced in 2015, with a 200C bed option
- The CO2 laser and 4th axis options were introduced in 2016
- The 4th/5th axis combo was introduced in 2018
- As of June 2021, this model has been retired in favor of the Hydra 21.