Only safety-conscious adults with proper safeguards should operate lasers of any kind.
Hyrel offers a 40w CO2 laser on some of our Hydra models.
We recommend at least 500 cfm (850 m3/h) of exhaust while lasering.
Your acutal laser controller, on the Aux Heads tab, should be set to "Laser_40".
Your safety/mirror/lens controller, on the Heads 1-5 tab, should be set to "CO2_Laser" or the newer "CO2_Lens".
Z-zero should be set 8 mm from the bottom of the focusing lens hardware for the CO2 laser.
- CO2 Laser Alignment
- CO2 Laser Marking with the Hydra
- Converting a Hydra from Printer to Laser
- Cutting Nylon Mesh with CO2 Laser on a Hydra
- Cutting Acrylic with the CO2 Laser on a Hydrda
- Changing the Address Resistor on the Hydra CO2 Laser
- Hyrel Hydra CO2 Laser Alignment
- Flashing Firmware on the Modified CO2 Laser Controller
- Draining Laser Coolant on the Hyrel Hydra
- DXF to Laser Gcode Generation
Below are great videos about laser alignment in very similar setups:
Below are links to some VERY helpful videos from a gentleman named Russ, who purchased a laser engraver very similar to ours. In these videos, he shares his experiences, advice, and safety tips. While some of what Russ explains does not apply to using lasers on Hyrel equipment, much of it does. Please watch all these videos, even if you don't feel you need the information. Safety first!
- Introduction to Laser Cutting
- Laser Theory and Safety Issues
- Software (n/a for Hyrel users)
- Initial Setup and Powerup
- Test Prints
- Focal Distance and Power Analysis
- Modifications and Recommendations from a Year of Use
While less powerful than CO2 lasers, diode lasers are still dangerous, and the same safety precautions apply.
|Dot Size||200-800 µm||200-500 µm||200-500 µm|
|Pulsable||to 2 kHz||to 2 kHz||to 2 kHz|
Z-zero should be set 18 mm from the bottom of the focusing lens hardware for the Diode lasers.
Hyrel offers diode lasers in several configurations:
- The LA6-450, a 6 watt, 450 nanometer laser. LA6-450 Intro Video
- The LA5-808, a 5 watt, 808 nanometer laser. LA5-808 Intro Video
- The LA3-450, a 3 watt, 450 nanometer laser.
More videos about the diode lasers:
Manuals are available on the Manuals page, or in Repetrel under HELP > Accessory Manuals