Please use personal protective equipment and follow your facility safety guidelines at all times.
The UV Pen is a flashlight-like light source, providing high-power light in the following wavelengths:
- 365 nm
- 405 nm
- 450 nm
This is typically used in conjunction with reservoir-based printing to provide UV photoinitiation of crosslinking in photocurable materials.
The UVP provides user control of power and focus of this head, either tied to or entirely separate from other heads.
Loading the Head onto the Printer
As with all Hyrel heads, the following process should be followed:
- Start with a level bed and Repetrel running and connected to the printer.
- Load the gibs on the Head into the gib slots on the Yoke from above and slide the head down into place; the last mm of travel should be done gently, ensuring that the electrical connector seats properly (firmly and completely) into the receiving connector.
- Ensure the LEDs on the print head are flashing - this means the Head is communicating with the Motion Controller.
- Tighten the thumbscrew in the rear, to prevent the head from moving relative to the Yoke.
- If the Head doesn't show up in Repetrel, press and release the RESET button on the front of the printer.
- Once the Head is shown in repetrel, proceed to setting your Z-Zero position for the primary head
Please see the Downloads page for the current firmware for your heads and your version of Repetrel.
Keep the head out of harm's way and the lens covered when not in use.